MemorialCare Virtual Exam Kit, powered by TytoCare
With the MemorialCare Virtual Exam Kit, you can experience enhanced, secure, and accurate virtual exams, all from the comfort of your home – any time! Receive a diagnosis and prescription, if necessary, from a MemorialCare provider in minutes.
The Exam Kit includes the FDA-cleared TytoCare device and all of the required adapters to examine the ears, throat, lungs, heart, abdomen, skin, and temperature.
Best of all, your Virtual Exam Kit, powered by TytoCare, is HSA/FSA eligible, and can be easily purchased by just using your HSA/FSA card.
For use in California only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wi-Fi connectivity or personal hotspot
- For best performance, recommended connection speed: download 15 Mbps, upload 5 Mbps
- At minimum, required connection speed: download 2 Mbps, upload 2 Mbps
TytoCare app: installed on any of the following mobile devices:
- iOS 10 or newer: iPhone® 5S and up, iPad Air® and up, iPad mini® 3 and up, iPod touch® 6 and up
- AndroidTM 4.4.4 or newer: Samsung Galaxy® S5, S6 Edge Plus, Note 5, A7, J7 and up, LG G4 and up
- Web app supported browsers: Windows®: Google ChromeTM or Microsoft Edge – Chromium, MacOS®: Safari® or Google Chrome, iOS: Safari, Android: Google Chrome
- No, as long as you are on the same Wi-Fi network, then your device will automatically pair. If you switch networks, then you will need to pair your device again.
- Yes. The Virtual Exam Kit is lightweight, compact and portable. It is designed for all types of remote use. All you need is the TytoCare app, a smartphone or tablet, and a Wi-Fi connection. You will need to be located in California to connect to a MemorialCare provider.
- Depending on your cellular carrier plan, you may be able to use a hotspot. You will not be able to connect using your cellular data.
- For eight to 10 minutes of asynchronous visit time, it uses approximately 150 Mbps.
- The Virtual Exam Kit has built-in training videos and guidance technology to help ensure accuracy and ease-of-use. When using the exam kit during a live telehealth exam, your provider will guide you through the examination process, letting you know where to put the stethoscope on your heart, where to place the otoscope inside the ear, etc.
- Our Virtual Health Ambassadors are more than happy to walk you through this process. They can be reached at (657) 241-4444, option 1, through text at (657) 241-4444 or you can e-mail the team at email@example.com.
- The visit provides your provider with high-quality digital sounds of the heart and lungs, high-quality digital images and video of the ears, throat and skin, and measures heart rate and body temperature. Using this examination data, your doctor can provide you with a diagnosis, treatment plan and prescription if needed.
- Our healthcare providers diagnose and treat many common conditions, including ear infections, sore throats, fever, cold and flu, allergies, pink eye, nausea, constipation, asthma, bronchitis, upper respiratory infections, bug bites, and common skin conditions, including contact dermatitis, rash and diaper rash.
- Yes, the Virtual Exam Kit includes an otoscope (ears), stethoscope (heart, lungs and abdomen), basal thermometer and digital camera (skin and throat)and is designed to provide your healthcare provider with the same type of examination data he or she would use in the office. The stethoscope was cleared by the FDA and all other devices comply with FDA requirements. The exam kit has passed multiple performance bench tests versus comparable devices to ensure quality results.
- Yes. If a prescription is needed, your provider can prescribe and send your prescription directly to your preferred pharmacy.
- You will perform the exams at home on yourself or your child using the MemorialCare Virtual Exam Kit’s proprietary guidance technology, or under the guidance of a healthcare provider. In both scenarios, you will be guided through the process to ensure accurate exam data is captured.
- Your healthcare provider will use the data provided by the Virtual Exam Kit, in combination with the video consult, to examine, diagnose and treat your conditions remotely
- Exam data is sent via an encrypted, secure network and is stored on our HIPAA-compliant cloud. Your visit will then be downloaded into our electronic medical record system.
- A MemorialCare provider will guide you through your Virtual Exam visit.
- The stethoscope is FDA-cleared and all other devices comply with FDA requirements
- Sign up for a myChart account by clicking on the following link: https://mymemorialcare.memorialcare.org/MyChart/SignUp. Call our care team if you have problems signing up for myChart at (657) 241-4444, option 2 or by texting (657) 241-4444.
- Start your visit in our Virtual Urgent Care. Choose a TytoCare visit and connect with a MemorialCare provider in minutes!
- You can use your FSA (Flexible Spending Account) to pay for the Virtual Exam Kit. Medical exams and virtual visits with your provider are often covered by your insurance. Please check with your provider or insurance company to determine if telehealth visits are covered by your plan.
- Yes, it is approved for purchasing with HSA/FSA funds.